20 JanNot Farm Fresh

My mom was in town for a small family reunion this weekend and before she headed back home this morning we went to brunch. She ordered a veggie omelet that sounded delicious but nearly spit it out on her first bite, something was not quite right with the eggs. When we asked the waitress about the eggs she informed us, rudely, that they were liquid eggs and if you don’t like them she will take the omelet off the bill and promptly walked away from the table. Minutes later the owner came out and explained that they only served liquid eggs for health reasons and that the menu did not state farm fresh eggs anywhere. Which he repeated at least three times, “I must reiterate that the menu does not state farm fresh eggs.” Huh? Tom ordered the french toast and I have to tell you, not so good dipped in liquid egg.

Stuart_Women_08.JPG

But don’t worry, we didn’t let one bizarre foam omelet get in the way of an otherwise delightful weekend with family.

6 Responses to “Not Farm Fresh”

1. Erm's mom says:

And the name of the restaurant is Avenue A in case you too would like to avoid pasteurized eggs.

2. Carrie says:

Wow that IS bizarre and you know I would have lost my breakfast right there…………ewwwww!

But I will say YOU look MARVELOUS!

3. Melissa says:

Aren’t eggs liquid anyway? I’m confused!

p.s. you totally look like a different woman compared to the last fam reunion pic that you showed me- congrats! [guess I shouldn’t tell you about the FOUR bags of chocolate my dad stashed in my desk- so he “wouldn’t eat them”- I think we have the will power, but I’m not so sure about him]

4. Liz says:

The eggs come out of a box (like a milk carton) and not a shell. Yum.

5. Melissa says:

wouldn’t they be more “fresh” if they came right out of the chicken [in the shell] and not from a milk carton?

[duh]

6. Kathy says:

yes I have AA on. I thought mafia II was a cpu intensive game but it seems it’s not …I just ran it at 16;05#215810&0 and got 63.7 average fps… I ran task manager in the background and cpu usage peaked at ~70 percent .I guess the games just not that cpu intensive. either that or it just likes AMD cpu’s better for some reason… I’m also running the benchmark on the demo not the full version,maybe the full version is slightly less optimized for some reason.

RSS feed for comments on this post. And trackBack URL.